Is the fearsome Garrador in Resident Evil 4 Remake holding you back? Looking to skip the village fight altogether? We’ve got your back.
Resident Evil 4 Remake Guide – How to beat the Garrador
When the player first comes across the Garrador, they’ll see chains dangling from the ceiling. These are avoidable, and crouching is advised to avoid drawing too much attention. You can also strafe the enemy by running around and shooting at it once its claws get stuck in the wall. Both strategies are completely viable and work perfectly.
The key to easily winning this fight is to use a Flash Grenade once the parasite on the Garrador’s back is exposed. Flash Grenades instantly kill any exposed parasite on an enemy, killing them in an instant. This is the best strategy for quickly and efficiently eliminating this enemy.
If you can’t find a Flash Grenade in any of the boxes, you can always craft one after purchasing the recipe from the Merchant. Flash Grenades are extremely useful in dealing with enemies in the mid to late game, so keep a few on hand at all times.
Resident Evil 4 Remake Guide – How to skip the village fight
If you want to skip this fight, all you have to do is shoot the bell in the Church tower outside of the Village Square. This will send all of the villagers, including the chainsaw enemy, away. Below is a step-by-step guide on how to shoot the bell, since you’ll need to get the right angle:
- Pass by the villagers and enter the building to the left of the Village Square tower.
- Once inside, go to the second floor and leap out the window to the right at the top of the stairs.
- Follow the wooden walkway to the right until you reach the small roof.
- Looking in between the tower and the mountains, you should be able to see the Church tower.
- Aim for the upper middle of this tower, where a bell would normally be, and wait for the bell to ring.
That’s it; this will skip the village fight entirely, which is great for those looking to speed run the game or simply get past the inconvenience that this scene causes.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is now available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, and Xbox Series X/S.