Release date, changes, and new features for the upcoming PUBG update 21.2 are all covered in this article. To find out more, read on!
- Overwatch 2 season 3 release date, new map & upcoming events
- When will Destiny 2 Lightfall be released ?
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Update 21.2 release date
- On January 18th, the update is scheduled to go live for PC users, while console users will have to wait until January 26th.
Changes to Vikendi
Players will now have to contend with the Blizzard Zone, in addition to everything else. The Blizzard Zone will not only slow you down, but it will also impair your vision and cause constant damage by the second. Vehicles will be slowed as well in the Blizzard Zone.The Blizzard Zone isn’t all bad, as Secret Rooms will introduce new secrets for players to discover. The Secret Rooms will be scattered throughout Vikendi and will house a variety of high-quality items for players to improve their arsenal. Along with Secret Rooms, Multipdrops will be introduced in Vikendi. Once again, these will contain weapons, armor, and consumables that will be dropped throughout the game.
Changes to Sanhok
Sankok, like Vikendi, will get some much-needed updates. Community feedback added Ascenders to Cave and Rock Mountains. These updates aim to improve maneuverability by adding sand terrain to multiple areas and a bridge between Bootcamp and Ruins.
- Improved physics engine performance to enhance game loading speeds.
- Optimized memory using animation to enhance memory usage.
- (Console) Increased file reading speed on Xbox to improve in-game loading speeds such as parachute use, starting spectate, etc.
Winning streaks will be added to the Arena so you can brag to your friends. After the live server update, these will be recorded. If a result is tied, the streak will remain unchange.
- General in-game bugs have been fixed.
- Fixed the issue where you’re unable to use the Free Look feature while using an emote when you board the plane or when the plane is descending.
- Fixed the issue where you get knocked out from falling when a crash occurs while you’re following a player.
- Fixed the issue where you are able to use Carry while using specific Emotes.
- (PC) Fixed the issue where you are able to use primary weapons other than SMGs in the back seat of two-wheeled vehicles.
- (PC) Fixed the issue where you are unable to revive the teammate you were carrying after you get knocked out and revived.
- (PC) Fixed the issue where you and your teammates can jump abnormally high after pressing the Jump button continuously near a wall.
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Update 21.2: World
- Fixed collision, texture, performance, and more general issues in Vikendi and Sanhok.
- Re-added an item spawn spot that was missing from a certain building in Vikendi, Winery.
- Fixed the issue where you teleport to a specific location after vaulting and withdrawing the Folded Shield inside a Cable Car.
- Fixed the issue where the sound of footsteps in a certain bathroom in Vikendi sounded like footsteps on dirt.
- Fixed the issue where throwables and ammo passed through one side of the flag in Vikendi, Cosmodrome.
- Fixed the air vents’ animation error in Vikendi, Train Station.
- Fixed the incorrectly used texture of a certain staircase in Vikendi.
- Fixed the issue where you receive damage when landing on a signboard in Vikendi, Train Station.
- Fixed the issue where throwables can not pass through windows in Vikendi.
- Fixed the issue where you receive damage and die after parachuting on to a building roof in Sanhok.
- Fixed the issue where the last Safe Zones are being set in the outer, unavailable areas of the map in Paramo.
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Update 21.2: UX/UI
- Fixed the issue where the Daily Mission count increases when you complete the Daily Mission Contender mission.
- Fixed the issue where a certain design was not shown on the map selection page.
- Fixed the spacing issue in the Daily Supply Mission page.
- Fixed the Japanese error in Training Mode – ESC – ‘Exit Training Mode’.
- (PC) Fixed the issue of hearing the Store item sound effect when you hover your mouse over a specific location on the screen when another window is covering the game in Windowed mode.
- (PC) Fixed the issue where a sound effect is heard when you hover or click the bottom UI of Survival Level/Last Weapon Kill/Last Medal Earned in the Career – Overview page.
- (PC) Fixed the issue where your character still has the Backpack equipped even when you remove the equipment previews for Preset slots 1~3 in Customize.
- (Console) Fixed the issue of the swapped Pickup Item/Replace Attachment keybindings.
PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS Update 21.2: Items & Skins
- Clipping issue: Graphics that are shown outside the visible part of an image/object.
- Fixed the issue where your wrists turn transparent after equipping the Tormented Knight Gloves with the Miramar Biker Jacket/Erangel Biker Jacket.
- Fixed the clipping issue on a female character’s lower body when equipping PGC 2022 Pants with the Vigilante Jacket.
- Fixed the issue where a male character’s ankles turn transparent after equipping the Lipovka Slacks with the Battle-hardened Legacy Boots.
- Fixed the issue where a female character’s arms turn transparent in FPP when equipping the PLAYERUNKNOWN’s Trenchcoat.
- Fixed the issue where a female character’s wrists turn transparent when equipping the Twitch Rivals Bomber Jacket with the Festive Flurry Sweater.
- Fixed the issue where the fur of the Snowbelle Boots turns transparent when looking at them in FPP.
The times shown below are subject to change.
- PST: January 17, 4:30 PM – January 18, 12:30 AM
- CET: January 18, 1:30 AM – 9:30 AM
- KST: January 18, 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- PST: January 25, 8 PM – January 26, 4 AM
- CET: January 26, 5 AM – 1 PM
- KST: January 26, 1 PM – 9 PM
So far, that’s everything we can tell you about PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDs update 21.2.