Killstreaks are a common feature in Call of Duty games that reward players for performing well in a match, and COD Modern Warfare 2 is no exception. The SAE is by far the best of a number of fantastic Killstreaks in MW2. Since Modern Warfare 2’s UI overhaul, many players are perplexed about how to use the S.A.E Killstreak. Continue reading to learn how to equip, unlock, and usethe MW2 SAE Killstreak in a match.
What is the SAE Killstreak in MW2 ?
The SAE is a seven-kill Killstreak that allows players to target three locations across the map and bombard them with missiles when activated.
It is an extremely powerful Killstreak, which is why so many kills are required to unlock it. Fortunately, it’s unlocked from the start of MW2, so you won’t have to grind for it.
How to unlock and equip the SAE Killstreak
In order to use the SAE Killstreak in Modern Warfare 2, you must first equip it from the Weapon Killstreak menu in the game. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open Modern Warfare 2.
- Navigate to the Weapons tab.
- Select the Killstreak menu, which is next to Multiplayer Loadout.
- Select and add SAE Killstreak to an empty slot or swap it with another.
After that, enter a match and get seven consecutive kills or 875 points without dying. If you meet either of the two criteria, you will be able to use S.A.E Killstreak in Modern Warfare 2 by pressing the appropriate buttons.
To open the Killstreak selection menu, hold the right D-Pad button (PlayStation 5 & Xbox) or 5 (PC) and select the SAE Killstreak. Whenever a Killstreak is ready, you will see a button prompt in the bottom right corner of the game screen. By pressing the appropriate button, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose one of three locations from which to launch Aerial Explosives to wipe out the opposing team.
How to use the SAE Killstreak
When using the SAE Killstreak in MW2, you should employ a number of strategies. These include using it to cover your back, targeting high points of interest, and more.
Of course, there are times when you should avoid using it, such as when your enemies are in buildings or cover. So, to make the most of the SAE Killstreak, employ the following strategies:
- Try to locate points of interest on the map (areas where enemies tend to gather the most)
- SAE Killstreak can be used in conjunction with a UAV to pinpoint where enemies are hiding.
- If you line up all three targets behind you, you can use it as a shield as you retreat.
- Avoid targeting buildings or areas where enemies may be able to avoid the missile strike (buildings are the white blocks visible on the map)
- Spread your targets out to cover as much ground as possible if your enemies are dispersed across the map or you’re unsure where they are.
Now you know how to unlock, equip and use an SAE Killstreak in Modern Warfare 2.