Hopefully, applying moisturizer whenever you wash your face has been a daily routine. If not, start from now. When you wash your face, you remove some moisture along with dirt and grime. Gently pat moisturizer will help your skin hydrated and protected. Choose a gentle moisturizer makes your skin feel smooth, but not greasy or stretch. Do not forget your eyes and lips. Treat your skin smooth as a piece of cloth, and it will look fresh and beautiful for years.
Things you’ll need
- Facial moisturizer
- Hand lotion
- Eye cream
- Lip balm
- Wash your face and pat with a soft towel to absorb the excess moisture. Moisturizer can be absorbed more easily with a clean and slightly skin. Do not rub with a towel, which can irritate the skin.
Moisturizer can be absorbed more easily with a clean and slightly skin.
- Wash your hands and rub moisturizer all over hands until it is completely absorbed. If your hands are dry, they will absorb some of your facial moisturizer. Oil and impurities can get to your face, which leads to acne because of dirty hands.
- Squeeze a bit of unscented lotion on your fingers and rub to warm. Warmed moisturizer can be absorbed better than the cold one. The cream smells can worsen the facial skin, especially around the eyes and mouth.
- Dot moisturizer on the forehead, chin and cheeks. Pat moisturizer into skin by using a scrub but not moving up. Do not use pull down motion on skin. The rubbing can lead to skin irritation and broken capillaries, especially around the nose. Add a little cream if you need to apply a thin layer on the surface.
Dot moisturizer on the forehead, chin and cheeks.
- Apply a little eye cream on your ring finger and gently pat it under your eyes and over the eyelids. Ring finger is usually the weakest finger on your hand, which will prevent you from using too much power to delicate eye skin.
- Pat lip balm on your lips by using your ring finger. Bring it along to reapply. Eating and lips licking can remove balm and rob them of moisture.
- Let the moisturizer be absorbed completely before applying makeup. You can see that makeup applies more smoothly, and you do not need much foundation or powder to achieve smooth, even-toned skin.
Let the moisturizer be absorbed completely before applying makeup.
Tips and warnings
- Moisturize your skin from within by drinking at least eight 8-ounce cups per day.
- If you are using the new cream, check it on a small area before applying on your face. Thin skin inside your wrists and face are similar. Apply a little moisturizer in it and check for burns, itchiness or irritation.