What is the FIFA 23 ‘unrecoverable error’ anti-cheat message ?
PC players were being kicked out of the game only to receive a message saying, “The application has encountered an unrecoverable error.” EA’s Direct Communication team provided a few solutions to the ‘unrecoverable error’ when logging in to FIFA 23 on PC.
If you are seeing error messages related to EA anticheat or secure boot, this EA Help article outlines various workarounds and requirements that may help you get past these messages. (2/4)https://t.co/gEYwblm02R
— FIFA Direct Communication (@EAFIFADirect) September 28, 2022
- FIFA 23: Is it crossplay, cross platform multiplayer on the PS, Xbox or PC
- How to fix the error ‘secure boot is not enabled on this machine’ FIFA 23 EA Anti-Cheat Error
How to fix the FIFA 23 ‘unrecoverable error’
In EA’s Help Article, for an “unrecoverable error” “this can happen when unsigned or expired drivers are loaded when trying to launch the game.”
EA suggests that players follow the steps on the Microsoft’s website to enable Secure Boot on their computer and provides the necessary steps to complete a Secure Boot.
- Run Settings > Update & Security > Recovery
- select Restart now under Advanced startup
- select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings > Restart to make changes
- switch the PC boot mode from one enabled as “Legacy” BIOS (also known as “CSM” Mode) to UEFI/BIOS (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface)
- If you are unsure how to make any necessary changes to enable the UEFI/BIOS, we recommend that you check your PC manufacturer’s support information on their website
- Run game again
Also you can try some ways below to fix this error :
1. Try disable any overlays running on your PC
2.Run FIFA 23 as an administrator :
- Close the application by right-clicking.
- Right-click on the app icon to open a menu of options.
- Select ‘Run as Administrator.’
3. Delete and reinstall FIFA 23 anti-cheat
- Go to Steamlibrary>steamapps>common>FIFA 23>_Installer>EAAntiCheat.
- Open a filed titled ‘EA Anti-Cheat.’
- A window will appear, click the arrow and choose ‘FIFA 23 (Installed)’.
- Next, click ‘Uninstall’ and wait for it to finish.
- Once you see ‘Uninstall Succeeded,’ go ahead and install it again.
- When the reinstall is complete, close the window and reopen FIFA 23.
If you have tried the above methods and still not successful in fixing the error, you will have to wait for the EA to fix this error.
FIFA 23 wiki :
|Release||30 September 2022|