In this article, we’ll tell you everything we know about Pokémon Crown, a project that has gained popularity in the ROM hacking community.
- Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Guide – How to get Life Orb
- Pokemon Scarlet & Violet Guide – Best Slowbro Cinderace Tera Raid Build
What is Pokémon Crown ROM Hack ?
At its most basic, Pokémon Crown is a ROM hack of Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen, remakes of the original Game Boy Advance Pokémon games. This hack takes the foundations of these GBA games and transforms Pokémon into a “Auto Chess” game, essentially a single player MOBA-style experience. Not only does Pokémon Crown add new battling mechanics to the game, but it also has its own original story and world.
The beta version of the game was released in 2023 and is hosted on PokéHarbor. You can try it for yourself by following this link. Here’s a list of features that show how this game is no longer recognizable as the ROM it’s built on:
- Boss fights and challenge modes
- Completely redesigned battle engine. (No more turn based combat!)
- Day and Night system/encounters/stuff
- Every UI completely custom
- New and old items have been reimagined for auto battle combat.
- New catching mechanics
- Online PvP
- Psuedo-Open World
- Quest System
- Unique Pokémon Battle System with Pokémon from all generations
- Vibrant Biomes to explore and catch Pokémon
This type of amateur game development is fascinating and demonstrates how fiddling around with things like emulation can eventually lead to much bigger things.
About Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen
Pokémon FireRed Version and LeafGreen Version are remakes of the 1996 Game Boy role-playing video games Pokémon Red and Blue released in 2004. They were created by Game Freak and released for the Game Boy Advance by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo.
Pokémon FireRed & LeafGreen
|Platform(s)||Game Boy Advance|