Riot Game has disabled the comp queue due to the upcoming Valorant Episode 6 Act 1 update; the full patch notes can be found here.
Valorant Episode 6 Act 1 update time
As of 06:00 PT / 09:00 ET on January 10th, 2019, Valorant will undergo scheduled updates and maintenance. For those in Europe, the maintenance will begin at 20:00 PST on January 10th, which is equivalent to 4:00 AM GMT on January 11th in the United Kingdom.
Comp queue disabled
The Valorant comp queue has been disabled as of today, January 10, according to Riot Games, in anticipation of Episode 6 Act 1. Keep in mind that the new act will result in a soft reset, which essentially means that your rank and MMR are slightly lower, but that you should be able to return to your previous position with ease during the new season.
Valorant Episode 6 Act 1 Patch notes
Below are the patch notes for Valorant Episode 6 Act 1 (via press release):
- Reworked the way guns process zoom inputs for ADS and scopes when using toggle zoom. There should now be fewer cases that can lead to zoom disagreements between the client and server under adverse network conditions like packet loss and ping jitter. Additionally, zoom inputs when using toggle zoom can now be buffered earlier than before and multiple zoom level transitions can be buffered at once.
- Omen’s Dark Cover (E) placed inside walls will now fall to the height of nearby ground.
NEW MAP: LOTUS
- Lotus is a new 3-site map that offers a variety of rotation options. Unlock the secrets behind the doors of these ancient ruins.
- Please note that the Lotus only queue will only be playable in swiftplay mode for one week and then goes into the competitive and unrated map rotation in Patch 6.1.
- A Main: First engagement area for Attackers has been widened and a small ledge added for mixups. Boost box next to the orb has been reduced to give Attackers a new position looking into A site.
- A Rafters: The under-over area has been removed, making this much easier to deal with as an Attacker.
- A Tower: The back section of the Tower has been flattened to make the fight to Ramps easier for both teams.
- Mid: Players can now silently drop down Mid platform. The trick-jump up onto Mid box has also been removed for simplicity.
- B Tower: Defender side jump up box has been removed to simplify the space.
- B Rope Pocket: The hard corner here has been smoothed out to make clearing the spot easier.
- Breeze and Bind have now been removed from competitive and unrated map rotation, but are still playable in all other modes.
- Episode reset: A new Episode means a ranked reset! Expect your placement rank to be lower than at the end of Episode 5, and good luck on your climb!
- For all players: Ranked rating gains and losses will depend slightly more on win/loss, and slightly less on the exact round differential of the match.
- For players whose ranks are far away from their MMR: Ranked rating gains will depend more on individual performance, instead of round differential. You should also see your rank and MMR converge faster.
- Added the ability to favourite specific variants of your gun skins (along with some UX/UI changes to better support that). Now, when you favorite a specific variant, only your favorited variants will enter the
potential pool of weapons you can take into game if you’ve equipped the random favorite for that weapon type. On release, your existing favorite weapon skins will now have all unlocked variants favorited to maintain consistency with current behavior.
- Odin’s ammo belt will no longer visually pop into a vertical position when swapping gun buddies in the Model Viewer.
- Ascent: Fixed a bug when breaking the door at Market by using an ability on the wall to the side of it.
- Fixed a bug where Cypher’s Trapwire (C) could be placed through Sage’s Barrier Orb (C).
- Fixed objects like traps that were not being damaged if they are placed in molotov patches that are already active.
- Fixed bug where you could see Skye’s Seekers (X) on the minimap while they were still invisible if you had line of sight to their hidden location.
- Fixed a bug where suppression would not properly interrupt Fade’s Prowler (C) control.
- Fixed a bug where Viper was able to deactivate her ultimate, Viper’s Pit (X), while suppressed.
- Killjoy’s Lockdown (X) now properly takes damage from all abilities.
- Fixed Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) dealing damage to enemy Skye’s Trailblazer (Q) and Sova’s Owl Drone (C).
- Fixed Sova’s Hunter’s Fury (X) and Breach’s Aftershock (C) not damaging Raze’s Blast Pack (Q).
- Fixed Phoenix’s Blaze (C) not dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q), Raze’s Blast Pack (Q), Reyna’s Leer (C), Sova’s Recon Bolt (E), and KAY/O’s ZERO/POINT (E).
- Fixed Brimstone’s Orbital Strike (X) not dealing damage to Harbor’s Cove (Q).
- Fixed Breach’s Aftershock (C), Raze’s Showstopper (X) and Paint Shells (E), damaging allied Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C).
- Fixed Sova Hunter’s Fury (X) damaging allied Fade’s Haunt (E).
- Fixed Killjoy’s Nanoswarm (C), Phoenix’s Hot Hands (E) and Blaze (C) not dealing damage to Chamber’s Rendezvous (E) and Trademark (C).