As oily skin often has large visible pores, acnes tend to appear more in oily skin. Therefore, you should take proper care to keep pimples away from the eye areas. Also, despite of the greasy and unclean look of oily skin, excess oil helps with aging as oily skin is less likely to appear wrinkles than dry skin or normal skin. However, getting rid of oily skin around the eye gives you a healthy and clean face.
Getting rid of oily skin around the eye gives you a healthy and clean face
Things you will need
- Cleanser used for oily skin
- Cotton ball
- Commercial astringent, vinegar, witch hazel or lemon juice
- Pour a quart of water into a pot. Boil the water and then turn off the heat.
- Stand over the pot about 5 inches away in about 10 minutes. Steam will helps enlarge the pores and soften hardened oil so that it flows out. Steam your face once or twice a week to get rid of excess oil on your skin.
Steam your face in about 10 minutes to enlarge pores and soften hardened oil
- Squeeze oily skin cleanser onto your fingertips and rub them together. Massage the cleanser into your skin from 30 seconds to one minute and rinse your face with warm water.
Gently massage your face
- Pour the commercial astringent used for oily skin onto a cotton ball (the astringent will remove excess oil on your skin). Rub the cotton ball over your face, especially the areas around the eyes. Remember not to get the astringent into your eyes. Let the astringent dry. You can use vinegar, witch hazel or lemon juice instead of astringent.
Do not apply moisturizer as the oil helps keep the moisture in the skin.