When Is Overwatch Shutting Down?
The Overwatch 1 shutdown end date for Overwatch 2 maintenance is October 2.
Overwatch 2 Season 1 release date
The official release date and time countdown for when Overwatch 2 will come out and servers go live is 12:00 PT, 15:00 ET, and 20:00 BST on October 4th.
#Overwatch2 arrives October 4, ushering in a new era for the franchise as a free-to-play live service game!
Learn more about the game and our commitment to deliver frequent seasonal content updates that expand the game to ensure there’s always something new to play. pic.twitter.com/tAzPPtvcP0
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) June 16, 2022
Will Overwatch 2 Be Free-to-Play?
The answer is yes, Overwatch 2 will be a free-to-play title from the moment it becomes available in early access.
Overwatch 2 platforms, crossplay, & cross-progression
The game will be available on all platforms, including PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, & PC. This includes the previous generation of consoles as well.
Overwatch 2 will also support cross-play across consoles and PC. The game will also feature cross-progression too, which means that players can switch between platforms and continue to use the same account with all of their cosmetics, settings, and level.
Overwatch 2 Season 1 Hero Balance Patch Notes: Full List
- Temporary health now grants 50% reduced ultimate charge instead of zero ultimate charge
- Damage Role Passive (New Passive): Eliminations grant 25% increased reload and movement speed for 2.5 seconds. Does not stack with itself but will refresh the duration
- All heroes now refund up to 30% ultimate power on hero swap
- Allied health bonus reduced from 100 to 50 HP
- Allied duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds
- Temporary health no longer decays over its duration
- Cooldown increased from 11 to 15 seconds
- Boosters impact damage increased from 10 to 25
- Micro Missiles cooldown reduced from 8 to 7 seconds
- Call Mech ultimate cost reduced by 12%
- Base health increased from 250 to 275
- Base armor increased from 250 to 275
- Energy Javelin cooldown reduced from 8 to 6 seconds
- Inspire duration reduced from 6 to 5 seconds
- Pressing Crouch during Guardian Angel now launches you straight up
- Angelic Descent can now be activated by holding Crouch while airborne
- Ironclad passive is enabled again (20% damage reduction while transformed)
- Biotic Launcher primary fire damage increased from 24 to 25
- Biotic Launcher primary fire minimum falloff range increased from 20 to 25 meters
- Hellfire Shotguns spread reduced from 8 to 7 degrees
- Railgun energy gain from non-player targets (barriers, turrets, etc.) reduced by an additional 50%
- Hack ability lockout duration increased from 1 to 1.75 seconds
Overwatch 2 wiki :
|Release||October 4, 2022 (early access)|