Matt Damon Wants to Make Own Bourne Movie

Posted by PZ on January 10th, 2011

Matt Damon arrives for the “True Grit” Premiere at the Ziegfeld Theater in New York on December 14, 2010. UPI /Laura Cavanaugh

Matt Damon insists that he wasn’t told that the Bourne franchise would be continuing without him, but now that he knows, he is interested in getting together with the director Paul Greengrass to make his own film to continue the Bourne story. The upcoming sequel named The Bourne Legacy is set to continue without Damon and Greengrass, so he doesn’t see why they couldn’t work on a film of their own:

“No one told me, literally nobody called me. People think I have inside information, but you can get a sense of where I am in the pecking order. I’d do it again with Paul. Universal doesn’t actually own the Bourne character – the estate does – so technically I could go to Warner Bros… and Universal could read about it online.”

Damon has previously insisted that he is not against the new release which has been directed by Tony Gilroy:

“I think they have a good way to do a prequel with someone else, and basically make it about the Bourne identity, the actual identity. Any studio is interested in making it go on and on and on, and it never will with our character because he’s resolved his issues now. He’s got his memory back three times now.”




Category: Matt Damon, Movie News