Rihanna had to cut a recent concert short because of a fire onstage.
The singer was performing at the American Airlines Center in Dallas on Friday night when the fire started. CBS reports that embers from a pyrotechnics display that was part of the show landed on a chair and ignited it. The small fire went out before firefighters arrived and no one was injured.
Concertgoers said the chaos caused by the fire was much more than needed. The concert venue wasn’t evacuated immediately, but people still rushed to the exits and caused a backup. One fan said the fire “looked like it was going to get contained” and could tell everyone was safe. Several fans were also angry that the show didn’t go on after the fire was put out.
It’s too bad something went wrong and the show ended early, but at least the fire was under control and everyone was safe.